Welcome to the official California chapter of The Zeitgeist Movement
Be sure to sign up for our Newsletter!
TZM Education Project: The purpose of TZME is to enable supporters of a natural law resource based economic model (NLRBE) to understand and appreciate the need to approach the education system in an effort to initiate the value shift required for a more peaceful and sustainable future to emerge.
This project is headed up by TZM UK member James Phillips who is a music teacher in the UK. He has developed a website & resources to help TZM advocates/supporters/chapters approach activism in education and schools.
He has resources for ages: 5-10, 10-15, and 15-20. And also how to approach teachers.
To find out more visit: http://tzmeducation.org/
What Do You Propose?
Three Questions from the Zeitgeist Movement's founder
The Three Questions: (please watch video before answering the below as the premise is explained as in great detail. )
1) Given the market economy requires consumption in order to maintain demand for human employment and further economic growth as needed, is there a structural incentive to reduce resource use, biodiversity loss, the global pollution footprint and hence assist the ever-increasing need for improved ecological sustainability in the world today?
2) In an economic system where companies seek to limit their production costs (“cost efficiency”) in order to maximize profits and remain competitive against other producers, what structural incentive exists to keep human beings employed, in the wake of an emerging technological condition where the majority of jobs can now be done more cheaply and effectively by machine automation?
3) In an economic system which inherently generates class stratification and overall inequity, how can the effects of “Structural Violence” - a phenomenon noted by public health researchers to kill well over 18 million a year, generating a vast range of systemic detriments such as behavioral, emotional and physical disorders – be minimized or even removed as an effect?
Can you resolve these three questions/problems logically without realizing the need to remove the Market Economy?
If so: Make a video and email it to us:
media @ thezeitgeistmovement.com
- Published on Dec 6, 2014 Peter Joseph / The...
- Published on Nov 28, 2014 ZM Global - Ep 161 -...
- Published on Nov 23, 2014 The following talk...
- Published on Nov 1, 2014 Original Description:...
- Published on Oct 31, 2014 Ben McLeish from the...
- Published on Sep 25, 2014 Thanks to Dutch...